Regardless of platform or budget, we have one of these top streaming headphones that will give you a great audio experience. With one of the busiest gaming tech sectors today, finding the perfect gaming headphones comes in many forms.
However, if you make the right choice, it will pay off and greatly enhance your gaming experience, and it will work as soon as you turn on or plug in your headset. No matter how much you spend, you’ll always find the perfect gaming headset. We think you’re most likely on this carefully curated list.
The finest streaming headphones provide immersive quality game sound and crystal-clear chat sound, whether they are a recent addition to your setup or one that has long since been replaced. Although the market is crowded, many of them are cross-platform compatible, so there is something for everyone here.
We worked hard to reduce this list to the top sets available at all price ranges (and always checked). However, if you’re looking for the finest one for your preferred platform, you’re probably going to find it here as well because we took care to cover all main platforms and evaluated each item’s compatibility.
In a hurry? Here are our top 3 favorite picks when it comes to the best headphones for streamers in 2023!
Looking For Headphones?
Finding the finest, nevertheless, might be difficult, especially if you need to discover something that fits your setup, games, and spending limit. Here’s where our guide comes in; we’ve tried each of these headsets and can attest to their high quality and unique attributes.
We carefully contrast several models so that you may choose the right gaming headset for you. We seek qualities like crystal-clear microphones, exceptional audio quality, and comfort throughout extended sessions.
Gaming Encounter – Are Headphones For Streamers Worth It?
The finest gaming headphones or streaming earphones may improve your gaming experience on platforms like Mixer, Twitch, and YouTube.
While playing online games, you may communicate with your opponents and colleagues via streaming gaming headphones. Most gamers opt to utilize separate gaming headphones and an external microphone because streaming headsets are convenient, comfy, and provide excellent audio quality.
The following are the 10 best headphones for streaming in 2023:
1. Razer Blackshark v2 – Best Overall
Without the greatest streaming headphone, you wouldn’t have been able to enjoy your game to its fullest. Last but not least, investing in a good streaming headset may significantly enhance your gaming experience.
A normal gaming headset does not provide the detail, depth, or exceptional audio quality that a streaming gaming headset does.
So all that’s required is to enhance the gameplay experience (the smallest sound elements become clearer and clearer, enemies can be defeated more easily than before, and the game can be more carefully focused). a wonderful headset for streaming video games.
The Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 is useful in this situation. Firstly, 7.1 surround sound creates a more realistic and engaging audio gaming experience. Movements of the team and the opposition may both be easily followed.
Second, the headset has enormous 50mm speakers that enhance call and listening quality and loudness. Although the microphone features Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), he can only use his PC to access this capability.
The headphone is also portable and convenient to use for extended periods of time. It may be found in the specifications below:
- 50mm Titanium TriForce Driver from Razer:
- The latest patented design separates the driver into three pieces, each of which can independently tune the high, mid, and low frequencies, producing a richer treble and more powerful sound. The titanium-coated diaphragm improves clarity. The sound is brighter and crisper. The price is low.
- HyperClear Supercardioid Mic from Razer:
- For improved voice isolation and improved speech clarity, a 9.9 mm detachable microphone cancels out background and side noise. Razer Synapse allows for more adjusting of this.
- Advanced Passive Sounds Cancellation: With the aid of soft cushions that provide a perfect seal for superior sound isolation, the closed-hi ear cups completely cover your ears to block out noise, from the cheers of the crowd to the hum of the equipment.
- Memory foam ear pads that are unbelievably soft and breathable: The memory foam’s high density and soft synthetic leather covering considerably lessen the clamping force of the headset, while the breathable fabric lowers sweat and heat buildup from skin contact.
Why Are These The Best Headphones For Streamers In 2023?
The Razer BlackShark V2 is the greatest gaming headset on the market, regardless of whether your budget falls within that range. What else do you require?
They offer more accurate sound than most gaming headsets, better sound isolation than some noise-canceling headphones, and wearing comfort that allows for prolonged use without overheating.
2. Astro A50 – Runner Up
The ASTRO A50 is a wireless over-ear headphone with a built-in charging station. The ASTRO A50’s battery life is around 15 hours, which is often sufficient for one gaming or live-streaming session.
The headset also has basic volume controls on the headset and audio control software called Command Center. Additionally, the PC has a USB sound card feature, negating the need for an optical cable.
With the ASTRO A50’s superior audio and mic quality and 7.1 surround sound, you can play today’s games in complete immersion. The A50 wireless headset from Astro has been the first of its kind outside of the manufacturer’s own line to set the standard for console-compatible headsets for almost ten years.
It has all the metrics that matter to streamers and gamers at high levels, but that kind of quality comes at a high price. After using the most recent A50 version for a short while, you’ll understand why.
The rich sound will astonish even the most jaded audiophile, with unparalleled comfort, and exceptional build quality.
Our testing shows that its wireless base has been reduced to take up less desk space while still providing a 15-hour charge for your headset. This is about average for the wifi version as of right now. Even if the charging process takes a while, you may still use your smartphone by connecting it to a USB port.
Astro’s Command Center software delivers a wide range of EQ profiles and changes inside a straightforward interface, however, it falls short of the requirements of such high-end equipment. You don’t need to make any modifications because the sound you receive by default is so distinctive.
- A crisp reproduction of conversation, music and in-game noises is provided by Astro Audio V2, an immersive audio and sound experience.
- 5.1 Dolby Audio
- A dramatic high-definition game audio experience is provided by Dolby Audio.
- Battery duration:
- Lithium-ion battery with a 15+ hour recharge time for gaming:
- Vocal harmony:
- Users have complete control over the audio mix for both games and conversations.
- Software for the Astro Command Center
- Gamers can fully manage their audio experience, including voice communication and game audio settings, thanks to the free Astro Command Center program. available on Mac, Xbox One, Windows 10, and
- Features of USB sound cards
- The USB sound card function on a PC makes it possible to playback audio streaming, gaming, and audio balancing. No optical cable is necessary.
3. Corsaire HS35 – Budget Pick
One of the greatest gaming headsets, especially if you’re on a limited budget, is the Corsair HS35. Keep things straightforward while ensuring consistency in quality. In either case, the HS35 proves the myth that low-cost goods are of worse quality.
You don’t have to give up all that mouthwatering sound just because you’re trying to save money. The Corsair HS35 headset is what you need if you want to get good cans without spending a fortune.
This device, which has outstanding acoustic performance, is also well-built, in our opinion, with a solid yet cozy build. The Corsair HS35 proved to be pleasant in our tests even after extended gaming sessions. Additionally, it was sturdy enough for me to lift and remove my head without paying any attention, even after unintentional dips and bumps.
Although the sound won’t win any accolades, it is comparable to most mid-range headsets and can provide some sharp highs, as we know from our thorough testing (although the bass is Razer-like). not a perfect replica of the model). TE Octopus).
The mic is transparent, removable, and includes a colorful wire that is compatible with the 3.5mm connector. Simple, easy, and extremely affordable
These qualities are listed:
- A pair of 50mm neodymium speaker drivers with unique tuning produces superb sound with a broad range and dependable accuracy.
- The fully detachable unidirectional microphone that is reduced ambient noise and is optimized for speech clarity
- Comfortable memory foam ear cups may be adjusted
- You may change the volume on the go without interfering with your game thanks to the on-ear volume and mute controls.
- Discord is approved for its excellent sound quality and crystal-clear conversation.
- PC*, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices are all multi-platform compatible.
- Possible requirements for PC and laptop compatibility include a 4-pin Y-splitter (not included).
- The technology of connection: wired
It may be expensive at retail, but in our opinion, it’s still one of the top gaming headsets available. comparable to headsets for fans. With well-defined mids, strong bass, and undamped highs, we discovered that the sound quality for games, music, and movies is great.
Thanks to its four different connection choices and “broadcast-quality” detachable microphone, which we feel gives exceptional voice chat performance with just very minimal compression, the Virtuoso XT may be used with almost any device. A full day’s worth of use is possible on the battery, and Dolby Atmos provides amazing surround sound.
The craftsmanship of the Virtuoso XT just shines through because to its exquisite construction made of durable machined aluminum and soft leatherette. Additionally, we like how the subtle RGB lighting softly illuminates the mirrored Corsair insignia on each side.
Although this PC gaming headset is expensive, it has many advantages that more than offset that. The Corsaire Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT has the characteristics listed below:
- With a matched pair of carefully selected 50mm ultra-high-frequency neodymium speaker units that deliver a range of 20 Hz to 40 Hz, which is twice that of typical gaming headsets, you can enjoy the uncompromised sound quality and immersive 7. 1 surround sound.
- A lightweight, pillow-soft headband and premium memory earpads that conform to the contour of your head provide all-day comfort.
- Connect wirelessly for an amazing 60-foot signal range, high-fidelity audio with extremely low latency, and quick Slipstream Corsair wireless technology.
- With a 9. 5mm broadcast-grade, omnidirectional, high-bandwidth detachable microphone with superb low-end response, you may be heard with a wide dynamic range and vocal clarity.
- To provide optimal comfort and durability, they are composed entirely of lightweight machined aluminum, from the headband to the earcups.
- Connect to almost any device via a 3.5 mm cable, USB, or SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS, including PCs, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile phones.
- True high-fidelity sound is delivered over a wired USB connection using 24bit/96KHz audio.
- Up to 20 hours of battery life for all-day and late-night gaming are provided by a custom high-capacity lithium-ion battery and an accelerometer-based smart sleep/wake feature.
- Each earcup’s micro-perforated RGB lighting system enables virtually infinite color combinations and customization to match any style.
The SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless is unquestionably the finest choice if you’re seeking for the ideal gaming headset for your Switch (as well as other devices). It begins with the finish and is infused with SteelSeries excellence throughout.
You’ll discover right away from our own experience that it’s robust, stylish, and designed. It’s one of the best gaming headsets available, with a superb wireless range of up to 8 meters, fantastic sound quality for Nintendo’s games, and a price that is frequently and relatively changing (25 feet). Despite some flaws, the connection remained strong even in crowded games with little audio loss.
The SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless features an adjustable steel core and foam ear cushions that we found to be rather comfortable, despite the fact that the headband padding isn’t particularly deep. We could play for somewhat long game sessions without getting harmed.
The detachable microphone functions beautifully and is ideal for multiplayer modes in games like Fortnite (opens in a new tab). There is even a connection for plugging straight into your Switch if the 20-hour battery fails. Overall, it’s a fantastic headset and the only wireless option that is compatible with your Nintendo Switch.
- 2.4GHz SteelSeries lossless wireless is installed for incredibly quick wireless communication for PC and PS5/PS4 systems.
- For the same wireless gaming experience everywhere, use the compact, portable USB-C dongle with your Android phone and Nintendo Switch.
- Noise cancellation and clear communication are provided with a removable ClearCast mic that has received Discord certification.
- a headband with steel reinforcement for durability and ideal fit.
- The same award-winning Arctis 7’s high-performance speaker drivers produce distinctive Arctis sound that amplifies every nuance.
The Razer Kraken V3 Pro is the newest model in the Kraken series update from the giant of gaming technology. But this isn’t just a simple product line update—this is a total redesign of previous Kraken models and an advancement in almost every way. It’s also one of the best gaming headsets that will be available in 2023.
There are two ways the V3 Pro can offer some serious firepower. the first to include Razer’s most recent audio improvements and advances. The audio drivers are excellent and offer a plethora of details over the whole sound spectrum.
The sound of the wind howling and adversary footsteps can both be clearly heard, and shooting in particular is enjoyable. Even in meetings, music works wonderfully. Although it’s a little shaky out of the box by default, tinkering is helpful and doable in Synapse as well.
The headphone also performs exceptionally well when it comes to haptic feedback technology. Because I used the Nari Ultimate for a very long time and this feature actually enhances immersion, I like it. Four choices, including “off,” are available, allowing for some fine-tuning.
It’s a feature that deserves recognition when employed in single-player mode. The haptics will also shake when your teammates and friends are speaking to you, which is a small annoyance. Hopefully, haptics in the future will be able to discriminate between conversation noise to ignore and in-game sounds to augment.
My sound is described as being a little bit flat, tinny, and lacking in richness by coworkers and teammates. However, it never interfered with our ability to communicate, thus it didn’t truly cause the headset to fall off. Overall, Razer has produced yet another flawless wireless gaming headset.
- Razor HyperSense: Using vibrations that are sent through the ear cups, the headset instantaneously transforms auditory information into tactile feedback. By just pressing a button on the headset, you may adjust the intensity of the feelings.
- Razer Triforce Titanium driver, 50 mm Outstanding highs, mids, and bass are produced by our unique 3-piece driver design, which also enables a more immersive and dynamic listening experience.
- THX SPATIAL AUDIO: Our state-of-the-art 7.1 surround sound allows you to enjoy astonishingly lifelike acoustics and optimizes each game’s sound design so that you always feel right in the middle of the action.
- Razer Hyperspeed wireless technology: The headset uses a market-leading 2.4 GHz wireless connection to deliver low-latency lossless sound that is precisely synced with the action on the screen, assuring total immersion.
- Memory foam, fake leather, and hybrid fabric ear cushions: The soft, snug fit of the ear pads produces ideal immersion through excellent sound isolation, comfort, and the haptic feedback with the drivers.
The 7P+ is the model to get if you want the best gaming headset for the PS5 right out of the box, even if the SteelSeries Arctis 7P is still a wonderful, up-to-date headset. It expertly expands upon the 7P, its predecessor. SteelSeries has given the headset a little life, and the upgrades are amazing.
The 7P’s advancements make it possible for the headset to give the best PlayStation and PC experience without drastically changing the audio, which is already first-rate. We appreciated the improved connection provided by the USB-C connector as well as the device’s extended 30-hour battery life with support for rapid charging. These immediately stood out to us as meriting features on a top PS5 headset in 2023.
Although the 7P+ continues where the 7P left off in terms of performance, sound quality is still important as we all know. Unmistakably SteelSeries-quality, the sound was clear, distinct, detailed, rich, and well-rounded.
The bass isn’t as powerful as on some other headsets we like, which is the only minor complaint we have with it. However, the Arctis series’ remarkable design and construction are still present: the headset has a chic appearance, and the construction makes it sturdy and solid while still being incredibly comfortable.
Additionally, the ski-goggle headband, retractable microphone, and onboard controls are all still excellent features.
- The SteelSeries Arctis 7P+ wireless headset supports PC, Mac, Android, and Switch in addition to PlayStation 4’s backward compatibility and is designed for PlayStation 5’s next-generation 3D Audio. The on-ear headset controls are easy to use, the battery lasts a very long period, and the steel frame is sturdy yet lightweight.
- Designed for PlayStation 5, built for durability and comfort, multi-platform compatibility, and exclusive Arctis sound.
- With the USB-C Dongle and lossless 2.4 GHz gaming wireless, the PlayStation 5 can play without lag. This wireless is designed with extremely low latency for high-fidelity audio.
- A single charge of the Arctis 7P+ wireless’s increased 30 hours of uninterrupted wireless use—more than twice as long as that of competing wireless PlayStation headsets—allows you to play games all day and all night.
In general, we think that the EPOS | Sennheiser GSP 370 possesses each of the characteristics that make a great headset. In our investigation, we found that the ear cups fit such that they can block out outside noise just by design, and that the build and design are reliable, strong, and the right weight.
Sennheiser’s reputation for high-quality audio is upheld by the sound, which is so clear, precise, and rich. The battery life is also quite long; I kept track of it while testing and it claimed (from one charge) seventy or so hours on it.
Because this is so lengthy, I had to stop before I got to the c mark and begin writing my review. It’s common for a high-end gaming headset to cost over three figures these days, despite the price first appearing to be expensive. If there’s one headset that does more than enough to justify that price, it’s this one.
The specific driver size of the GSP 370 was difficult to ascertain. An internet search found that Sennheiser intended to keep this information private because it doesn’t want its headsets to be evaluated using these measures.
Take from that what you will. The fact that I adored them so much makes it largely irrelevant; you can read more about this in my in-depth review of the EPOS | Sennheiser GSP 370. This is perfect for everyone if only they worked with the Xbox and Switch consoles as well.
- EPOS GSA 370 Dongle, GSP 370 Wireless Gaming Headset (Black), USB Charging Cable (1.5m), Quick Start Guide, and EPOS 2-Year Limited Warranty are all included.
- Pure audio for up to 100 hours of gameplay on a single charge
- Low-latency, lag-free connection
- EPOS Gaming Suite for customizing the audio
- Ergonomic layout for comfort and fit
The SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro for Xbox is one of the best-wired gaming headphones that we’ve ever used.
The Nova Pro is comfortable to wear and gives the appearance of some firmness so you may have trust in it thanks to its lightweight design and construction, which keeps the size and weight low. It feels almost exactly like a nice pair of headphones in the hands.
You may completely customize the EQ settings on the superb, little Digital-To-Analogue (DAC) converter that comes with the headset to achieve the sound you want.
Whether you’re playing intense action/shooting games, engrossing RPGs, somber adventure games, or streaming content from the internet, the audio quality in stereo and surround mode is simply superb everywhere. It is multi-platform because it has wired connectivity, but it is also built to connect to multiple devices at once, allowing you to use it simultaneously on multiple platforms.
It costs more than other wired headsets if you’re looking for the one wired headset to rule them all, but given the level of quality included in this package, we think the extra cost is justified.
The leatherette material used for the ear cushions, which, in our experience, can split or disintegrate over time, especially in hot environments or under extreme wear, is a minor issue as well.
Even though SteelSeries is familiar with this issue, it’s not a big deal that the decent microphone cannot retract to mute.
On Xbox, PC, and anything else you decide to use it with, the SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro for Xbox provides a really good sonic experience, but generally, these aren’t enough to improve that. If you have the money and don’t mind the tethered setup, this is a great alternative for an Xbox Series X headset.
- Experience the highest degree of clarity and acoustic quality with Almighty Audio’s Premium Drivers. Utilizing a pioneering Parametric EQ for gaming, the Sonar Software enables you to completely customize the audio experience.
- 360° Spatial Audio – This surround sound immerses you in the game setting and allows you to hear any important action, reload, or speech hint to give you an edge. Fully compatible with Xbox 360’s Microsoft Spatial Sound and PlayStation 5’s Tempest 3D Audio
- With active noise cancellation, you may filter out background sounds while immersing yourself in your virtual environment with sophisticated 4-mic hybrid technology. To adjust to any circumstance, use Transparency Mode with varying settings.
- Use the Hot-Swap function of the Infinity Power System to alternate between using one battery and charging the other so that your headset can operate continually.
- With Multi-System Connect, you may switch between your Xbox and PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, or Switch by just pressing a button.
- Dual Audio Streams allow you to simultaneously mix two audio connections, allowing you to communicate with pals while playing games. While utilizing Bluetooth for calls, Discord, music, and podcasts, you may play with lag-free 2.4GHz.
- The ClearCast mic eliminates ambient noise for pristine communications and is powered by Sonar Software’s potent AI algorithms. For a sleeker appearance, the mic also entirely retracts into the earcup.
The Razer Barracuda X starts out with a highly alluring price of $99.99, making sure that all of its various attributes fall inside the three-figure threshold.
The Razer lineage audio quality, wireless connection, and ergonomic physical features that facilitate extended sessions made the Barracuda X stand out in our tests. Switch owners may buy the best gaming headset for the system and enjoy a wireless experience with everything included in one bundle at this pricing.
As a result, we consider it to be among the top Nintendo Switch headsets on the market.This is a product of Razer’s new design language, which is comfy and unobtrusive like headphones, making it less obvious when you’re moving around. No RGB or enormous protruding cups, either. The cup is also the lightest one we’ve tried, at only 250g.
This means that the Barracuda X may provide stress- and pain-free sessions while still delivering quality sound to pierced ears. Additionally, the wireless USB-C dongle connection expands your options and makes it compatible with almost everything. Your ears are kept comfy without being injured by the soft, pleasant headband and padding on either side.
- 20Hz–20kHz range of the frequency response. Headphones that match:
- Wireless multi-platform USB-C connection
- Whether you’re playing games on your phone at home or while you’re out and about, you can enjoy smooth audio with a fast 2.4 GHz connection or the adaptable USB-C dongle with a USB-A extension. It’s simple to swap between devices.
- ergonomic 250 g design
- The lightweight design is complimented by breathable memory foam ear cushions and swiveling ear cups for a tight, comfortable fit, making it ideal for long gaming sessions while being transportable for daily use.
- 40mm Razer TriForce Driver:
- For greater gaming immersion as well as a more engaging viewing and listening experience for music and films, our revolutionary 3-piece driver design pulls out excellent highs, mids, and lows without being muddy.
- Razer HyperClear Cardioid Mic with Detachment:
- The mic can be simply removed to make the headset portable and is adjusted to cancel out background noise for improved speech pickup when gaming.
- controls on a headset
- You can simply manage your music, films, and calls with the Razer Barracuda X thanks to buttons that are located behind the earcups.
- 20 hours of battery life when charging through USB-C
- The Razer Barracuda X has the strength to match its adaptability and the stamina to power you through the day when gaming or commuting.
How To Choose The Best Headphones For Live Streaming In 2023?
With so many gaming headsets on the market, choosing the ideal one for broadcasting to Twitch, YouTube, and other platforms may be difficult. In light of this, we’ve put up a simple shopping guide to assist you in identifying important factors to take into account when purchasing a headset for streaming.
When selecting streaming headphones, take into account the sound quality, noise isolation, comfort, connection, mic, type, and personal preferences.
Sound quality is one of the most important things to look for when choosing a headset for streaming. Track your opponents in-game and get a better view of your teammates with more immersive sound. If you’re broadcasting on YouTube, his Twitch, etc., closed-back headphones provide a great audio experience as they block out external noise and minimize sound leakage.
Of course, you need great-sounding headphones. The headphones on our list sound better than the free earbuds that come with new smartphones, but the sound quality is also a personal preference. For example, you can choose more warmth or bass.
Every new pair of headphones needs to offer surround sound. Real and virtual are the two. The virtual version utilizes software to simulate surround sound, whereas the original requires earphones placed to hear noises coming from various areas. Most live broadcasters, especially gamers, can get by just well with virtual surround sound.
Comfort is the second most crucial component. The sound quality of a lousy gaming headset is poor. Therefore, you should carefully evaluate the ear pad material and headband adjustment possibilities when selecting a headset for streaming.
To prevent excruciating neck discomfort and headaches, make sure your headset is lightweight. Your head should comfortably accommodate the headphones. You won’t be able to wear them for the whole streaming session or even for a little time if they are too tight or too loose.
The materials used in headphones and whether they are wireless or connected may both have an impact on fit. You should choose what seems most comfortable to you since comfort is a personal thing. If you’re curious about what other people have experienced with real-world headsets, read on.
Gaming and live streaming both involve the usage of a microphone, thus it is crucial to assess the quality of the headset you want to buy. If at all feasible, spend money on a headset with a noise-canceling microphone. Moreover, confirm that the microphone clearly captures your voice.
If you’re using a headset when streaming, you’ll need a strong microphone. When streaming, consider if you’ll mostly utilize a headset or a standing microphone. If you’re utilizing an XLR microphone to stream, you’ll need either an audio interface or a mixer. This hardware setup also works with higher-quality headphones. To observe how well a headset’s microphone operates, you may also search for microphone test videos.
- The type of a pair of headphones refers to how well they fit in your ears or on your head. There are three different kinds to consider:
- In-ear headphones provide sound waves directly to the ear when inserted within the ear canal. Despite being compact and lightweight, they have a limited frequency range and, if worn repeatedly at high volumes, can lead to noise-induced hearing loss.
- Over-ear: To cancel out outside sounds, over-ear headphones completely cover the ear. They are sometimes referred to as circumaural. There are two types: open-back and closed-back. Closed-back headphones are the best at blocking out noise, but they might put pressure on your eardrums. Open-back headphones include a little hole at the back to release some sound pressure, but anyone close may also hear your music.
- On-ear: These earbuds lay on the ear without covering it entirely. They put the least strain on your ears of the three types, but they also allow in the most background noise.
We hope that our top ten list of streaming headsets will aid you in making a choice. Although the Razer Blackshark v2 headset is the greatest option, we advise you to select the one that best meets your needs.