Any gaming setup must start with a reliable keyboard and mouse. It can be excessive to study each component independently, notwithstanding their significance. If you’re just starting out, one-click combos might be preferred, and our list of the best gaming keyboard and mouse sets is full with them.
The biggest advantage of buying a keyboard and mouse combination over buying the two components individually is that they are often less expensive. Even if the bulk of these bundles call for compromise, they are decent options if you just need to get your rig up and running as soon as possible.
More than a simple row of keys make up the best gaming keyboard. First off, thanks to their extensive usage of RGB LEDs, the majority of the best keyboards are anything but dull.
Flashing lights are only one feature of an excellent gaming keyboard; quick reaction is the real key to success. That’s mechanical the majority of the time, but hey, we’re in the camp that believes there are times when a well-made membrane may be the most affordable answer.
It might be complicated with all the options and gaming keyboard customizations. Consider items like the switches that are really being used, keycaps, macro keys, volume wheels, and media controllers.
Furthermore, the range of keyboard switch colors and designs is enough to make the normal person cry. Mechanical keyboard switches come in three primary varieties: linear, clicky, and tactile. Read more about the finest mechanical keyboard switches if you’re curious (opens in a new tab).
It only makes sense that computer gaming has seen a large spike in interest, given that consoles are only becoming more expensive with each new release and that constructing your own personal computer is becoming more and more popular.
A computer needs a keyboard and a mouse in order to operate, whereas a console only requires a remote.
Given that consoles are only getting more costly with each new release and that building your own personal computer is becoming more and more popular, it only makes logical that computer gaming has witnessed a significant increase in popularity. A console simply needs a remote to function, but a computer needs a keyboard and a mouse.
Additionally, the keyboard’s size needs to be considered. Using a 60% gaming keyboard or going tenkeyless (TKL) might save up crucial desk space, but a full-sized keyboard is more likely to be jammed with media controls that are on par with a high-tech space station. We can also help you choose which keyboard layout is suitable for you if you’re not familiar with the various keyboard layouts (opens in a new tab).
We’ve compiled a list of the best gaming keyboards below for every style of player, regardless of whether you favor Cherry Red or Razer Green. We’ve all put these gaming keyboards to the test in-depth. In addition, the following budget boards are offered for individuals on a tight budget looking for alternatives.
In a hurry? Here are our top 3 favorite picks when it comes to the best gaming keyboard & mouse combos in 2023!
What Information Should You Have Prior To Buying A Keyboard And Mouse Set?
Limitations and the market have a huge role in the choice to purchase a mouse and keyboard combo. Manufacturers don’t generally bundle their high-end items together because they can offer them individually.
Therefore, you will often have to make due with membrane or inexpensive mechanical boards, as well as a less expensive mouse that probably won’t have the most recent sensors.
Because of the Corsair K55 Pro setup, it is at the top of our list. Giving up the mechanical switches with the K55 Pro keyboard is the only compromise you have to make. The K55 Pro is a superb membrane board that performs well for gaming, so it’s not all bad. Another good mouse is the Harpoon RGB Pro, which is likewise relatively lightweight and has a name-brand sensor.
However, if you go lower down the pricing charts, you’ll start to see a number of pairings that are plainly out of balance and where one element is clearly superior than the other. While some come with flashy but uninspiring gaming keyboards, some will include a subpar mouse that you’ll probably replace before the keyboard.
Is it ideal? Not at all, yet when shopping for packages, that is regrettably the norm. Therefore, consider your needs before making a purchase of a gaming mouse and keyboard set. Do you insist on getting a mechanical keyboard over anything else, even if it means getting a mouse that is less durable? Is it the opposite, then? You might possibly split the difference instead. Give it some thinking before you press the button.
Can I Trust The Corsair K55?
Harpoon RGB Pro + K55 RGB Pro Corsair Bundle Because the rubber dome switches in our top option need a lot of force to activate, the keys are less responsive, making them suitable for gaming. However, it has six specialized macro keys, zone-lit RGB lighting, a very low latency, and all of its keys are programmable.
You should also consider whether buying different tools would be a better option for achieving your objectives. If none of the other options appeal to you, there is just one more option that works and takes a little bit more time.
1. Corsaire K55 RGB Pro + Harbron RGB Pro Bundle – Best Overall
If you’re searching for a dependable mouse and keyboard combo, Corsair’s K55 RGB Pro and Harpoon RGB Pro set is a fantastic place to start. You get a dependable membrane keyboard and a reasonably priced, competitive mouse that do the essential tasks effectively.
It is hardly surprising that the K55 RGB Pro is a membrane keyboard given its price. Despite having a tactile roughness and operating extremely quietly, it seems respectable enough to be a membrane.
It would have been better to have a mechanical board, but none of Corsair’s mechanicals is less expensive (or more expensive) than this combo, so that was never going to happen.
A built-in wrist rest, media controls, and six fully programmable dedicated macro keys are also included (with complete macro capability on the rest of the board). It is also spill-proof, which is advantageous if you game and drink at work. In spite of the fact that these features don’t totally make up for the lack of mechanical switches, they do make the K55 RGB Pro keyboard much more bearable over time.
One of Corsair’s best models, the Harpoon RGB Pro mouse, is the one you get. It’s a trustworthy, affordable mouse with a PixArt PMW 3327 sensor that should please a lot of users. Although it is a bit on the small side and a touch, the bulk of you should be able to get used to it.
Although the keyboard and mouse combination has a ton of functions, they also have a ton of other advantages, such being incredibly responsive and easy to use. Keyboard and mouse latency won’t be an issue because each button starts a reaction as soon as you press it.
The ergonomic gaming experience is made possible by the skilled design of the keyboard and mouse. The optical sensor on the mouse features 6000 dots per inch and the most sophisticated tracking available. Rubber grips help you maintain control of the mouse in your hands, and the keyboard’s practical placement and easy accessibility will enhance your gaming.
Despite only 85 grams, it is not the lightest gaming mouse you can get (2.99 ounces). Until you determine exactly what you want from a gaming mouse, this safe and competent mouse will serve you well.
This Corsair kit is not perfect; neither is any other gaming mouse and keyboard combination on our list. It does, however, a good job of striking a balance between the peripherals; they work well together and we don’t think you’ll wind up getting rid of one before the other.
- Use an RGB streaming keyboard and mouse to get your computer gaming adventure started.
- Because of the excellent construction, high-quality components, and tried-and-true CORSAIR reliability, you may play with confidence.
- The K55 RGB PRO Gaming Keyboard has a dynamic five-zone RGB illumination system, six macro keys, Elgato software integration, dust and spill-resistant construction, a soft feel detachable palm rest, and customized sound and media controls.
- A 12,000 DPI optical sensor, a cozy curved shape, a simple plug-and-play setup, and six customizable buttons are all included in the HARPOON RGB PRO Gaming Mouse. It barely weighs 85g.
- The powerful CORSAIR iCUE software allows you to adjust your mouse and keyboard, manage RGB lighting, and develop unique macros.
Why is Corsair K55 RGB PRO + HARPOON RGB PRO the Best Combo in 2023?
This combination is suitable for usage at work. It offers excellent ergonomics with one inclination setting, a retractable wrist rest, and very quiet rubber dome switches. It may be purchased through the link at Amazon or, more reasonably, at any online buying destination like eBay, Walmart, etc.
2. Asus Cerberus – Runner Up
The runner-up is the ASUS Cerberus gaming keyboard and mouse, which features two unique lighting zones. The arrow keys and other keys used for gaming are illuminated in one zone, while the standard keyboard keys are lit up in the other. You also have a lot more macro options with this keyboard.
The total number of macro keys you can program is 12. One of the minor flaws with this combination is the lack of a distinct lighting zone for the W-A-S-D keys. Since they are the keys that are most commonly used for movement in PC gaming, it would be amazing if they were each individually illuminated so you could easily distinguish them in dim lighting.
This combination provides a ton of benefits to offset that. For instance, it features a metal plate inside to make it more durable. If your keyboard is inexpensive, you risk inadvertently knocking it off the desk and needing to buy a replacement.
But that won’t happen since the internal steel structure of this gaming keyboard is strengthened. Additionally, this keyboard is stain-resistant. With drain holes positioned far from the keyboard’s functional areas, it boasts a splash-proof design that allows liquids to quickly drain without leaving behind residue that may make your gaming keyboard unusable.
- Full SECC metal plate – Durable and tough
- Drain hole and splash-proof construction – Prevents liquid spills
- twelve macrokeys – Tactic adaptability
- Completely rubberized feet provide increased friction for powerful motions. Mouse
- Dynamic DPI control Four DPI levels that may be customized, including an LED color indicator
- Elegant ambidextrous construction – made for both left- and right-handed gamers
- improved side grips made of rubber – Decreases slippage and sweating
3. Havit Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse Combo – Budget Pick
Havit produces one of the few mechanical keyboards on our list and one of the most affordable models. Mechanical keyboards have historically been rather pricey; have a look at, say, our top keyboards page. On that list, each mechanical keyboard is considerably more expensive than this combo.
In light of that, I’m left wondering why this is so cheap. I’m not sure, but I do know that this keyboard’s Blue type switches feel and sound amazing. The construction quality is good and is lasting for the price. The RGB is among the finest I’ve seen for that price range.
Then comes the mouse…
Unfortunately, there weren’t much details available on the mouse’s sensor. But after using it for a while, I can confirm that it responded well and held up brilliantly when playing first-person shooter games. Without the superior construction of the Razer Mamba, it has a cheap feel and appearance.
However, you really can’t complain when shelves are offered for such a low price. The additional wrist rest was designed with ergonomics in mind. The hand posture offers great support and is suitable for the majority of gameplay scenarios.
Overall, it’s not the most effective keyboard and mouse combination for gaming that you can find. However, the mechanical board and the blue switches are excellent, saving this bundle. If you want to take your game more seriously and want to start off at a lower level, this might be the best option for you.
- Wired Gaming Keyboard and Mouse – Both the keyboard and mouse include RGB lighting effects, with the keyboard having 14 backlit options and the mouse having 7 color effects, which adds to the game’s excitement. best for computer games.
- Mechanical Keyboard – The keyboard’s 104 keys all feature individual switches with complete n-key rollover, and it has an all-metal panel with floating keys.
- Programmable Mouse – Gaming mice having 6 levels of dots per inch (800/1600, 2400, 3200, 4000, and 4800) that can be readily adjusted to match the mouse speed quickly for various gaming settings.
- Ergonomic keyboard with removable wrist rest and a smooth mouse that plugs right in.
- Compatible keyboard and gaming mouse for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 as well as MAC and Linux
One of your finest options if you need more than just a mouse and keyboard is the Razer Homerun Bundle. Naturally, you get a keyboard and mouse, but for less than $100, the Homerun Bundle also includes a decent mousepad and a sturdy 7.1 headset.
Let’s begin with the foundational components. The keyboard is a Razer Ornata V2, a full-size keyboard with Razer’s Mecha-membrane switches and unmistakable RGB awesomeness.
The Mecha-membranes have a high tactility, which you may prefer if you are upgrading from a low-quality membrane, even if they are not mechanical switches. Although there are undoubtedly finer membrane keyboards out there, it can still be utilized.
It’s been a 50/50 split between an excellent mouse and an OK keyboard so far. Thankfully, the remainder of the package compares fairly favorably. Control is where the Razer Gigantus V2 mousepad shines. Your mouse moves a bit more slowly and stops a little more accurately as a result, as opposed to rapid mousepads.
The Kraken V3 X is a solid gaming headset that is by no means an audiophile model. It should be appealing to a broad demographic. It has a bassy sound that amplifies game noises without obliterating other frequencies.
To enjoy immersive movies, turn on the (Windows-only) THX Spatial Audio option. When used with a decent microphone, the only real limitation of this game-ready headset is a wired connection.
All things considered, the Razer Homerun Bundle is a great choice if you’re looking for a complete solution that you can use right now. Even though it is more expensive than our other options, after you account for the price of a good gaming headset and mousepad, most of our bundles will be very comparable to this one. So it is a reasonable bargain if you need everything it has to offer.
- Immersive The Razer Kraken V3 X Gaming Headset has an immersive 7.1 Surround Sound for Positional Audio that heightens your match awareness and prevents any sounds from escaping your ears. With precise positional audio, you can instinctively determine where each sound is originating from.
- Ultra-Light Construction: Engineered to be incredibly lightweight at just 285g, enjoy great audio while gaming for hours without feeling constrained by your headset.
- Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse has a focus 20K DPI Optical Sensor that auto-calibrates throughout the mouse mat and lessens pointer drift during takeoff and landing for industry-leading precision. Optical Switches by Razer 70M Click Resilience
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for complicated macro functions to be assigned and button remapping using Razer
Most of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos have surface keyboards, which are OK for the price but not the best option if you value typing comfort. Introducing the Redragon K551-RGB-BA set, which offers a premium mechanical keyboard at a cost-effective price.
This set includes the Redragon K551-RGB-BA keyboard. Usually, the K551 may be ordered with fake RGB “rainbow” lights. ABS keycaps that shine through and metal switch plates are typical components in this price range. Outemu Blue switches that click is present in the version that comes with this package.
They are less common MX-style switches than Outemus since Gateron or the original Cherry MX switches appear more pricey and clanky.
That is typically acceptable, though, given the bundle’s affordable cost. Despite the K551’s ability to be hot-swapped, Outemu sockets restrict your choices to Outemu switches. It’s not perfect, but at least it gives you the option to switch to Outemu Reds if you don’t like clicky switches.
At this stage, the mouse is the main drawback. Redragon’s M602A-RGB mouse is ergonomic for right-handed users, but it’s not a particularly strong mouse. Although the design is fairly comfortable, it has significant flaws, such as a 109-gram (3.84 ounce) weight, an excessively stiff cable, and an optical sensor with a far-reaching lift-off distance.
However, because it is still a usable mouse, it is hard to be overly critical. However, the piano is without a doubt the standout component of this Redragon ensemble. This keyboard will likely satisfy the majority of beginners because it is shockingly good for the price.
- REDRAGON GAMING ESSENTIALS FOR PC GAMERS; Redragon M602 RGB LED BACKLIT MECHANICAL GAMING KEYBOARD; 104 Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Custom Mechanical Blue Switches; Redragon K551-RGB “VARA” Premium Mechanical RGB Backlit Gaming Keyboard; Mechanical keys that are quick, precise, and provide mild resistance, as well as an audible click sound and tactile feedback. 12 multimedia keys that are water-resistant, with a disabled WIN key. Keycaps that have been sculpted for brilliant backlighting. High-speed USB cable with a gold-plated USB connection, made of metal and ABS
- Ergonomic M602A-RGB RGB Backlit Streaming Mouse with 10G acceleration at 7200 DPI . Pinpoint Accuracy is provided by the High-Precision Sensor, while extreme responsiveness, higher lifespan, and more durability are provided by the Gaming Grade Micro Switches.
- ERGONOMIC GAMING MOUSE; The Redragon PC Gaming Mouse’s ergonomic design fits comfortably in your grip and is designed for comfort. Its calibrated buttons further lessen click fatigue. ensuring that eSports professionals have the most comfortable gaming experience possible, even during the grueling marathon MMO sessions
- PC KEYBOARD AND MOUSE FOR GAMING Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP are all compatible. Limited Mac OS keyboard compatibility is also available. works nicely with gaming PCs and all major computer brands. Redragon “VARA” Backlit Streaming Keyboard, “Griffin” Gaming Mouse, and user guide are included in the package.
You can always see where your mouse might be on your desktop with this Cooler Master combo, which has a full LED backlight and an ergonomic gaming mouse with lights on the sides and the top.
Even if it doesn’t have color zones like other gaming keyboards do, the keyboard is nonetheless attractive and cool since the colors emerge in a rainbow from one end to the other. Purple serves as the starting point on the spectrum, which then progresses through blue, green, yellow, orange, red, and chartreuse. The keyboard is quite lovely.
This keyboard is distinctive in part because the keys feel rather substantial when you press them. You won’t need to pound the keys or fret about whether you pressed the key down firmly enough to play at your best. It takes a lot of force to push a key on this tactile keyboard.
Other features include nine RGB LED keyboard effects, 26-key anti-ghosting, two active mouse effects, and four mouse DPI settings (from 700 to 3900) that may be changed instantly at the top of the mouse. Your gameplay will be enhanced by using this mouse and keyboard together.
- Omron Mouse Switch, Cooler Floating Per Key Switch Tactile Feel and Solid Switch, USB 2.0 3 Zone RGB LED Mouse and RGB LED Lighted Keyboard
- 2 active effects, 9 RGB LED keyboard effects optical gaming sensor with four DPI levels (500, 750, 1500, and 3500) from Mouse Pixart 3050
- 26 key On the Fly key Controls for Anti Ghosting
Any keyboard and mouse set will do if you want something more for work than for enjoyment. But what if you want something with an ergonomic layout that is perfect for extended periods of typing? Take a look at Microsoft’s Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 combo in this situation.
The Comfort Desktop 5050’s most distinguishing feature is its curved keyboard, which has major alphanumeric keys that point inward and toward the cluster’s center. This allows you to type with a more relaxed posture and wrists that naturally point inward as opposed to a normal staggered configuration.
It takes some getting used to if you frequently type, but you’ll soon recognize the benefits. Additional helpful shortcuts and media buttons are located at the upper edge of the keyboard. You may customize each of the five shortcut buttons you receive using Microsoft’s Mouse and Keyboard Center tool. The Comfort Desktop 5050 mouse is symmetrical and has more curves than you often find on gaming mice. Given that it needs two AA batteries
The keyboard and mouse may be connected to your PC using the USB dongle that is included with them. Be cautious to keep it with you at all times because there are no wired or Bluetooth fallback connecting options accessible here. Furthermore, it doesn’t seem like the dongle or any of the accessories are sold separately.
For those looking for a combination of work in general, the Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 is a great ergonomic option. The combination typically sells for approximately $50 online, which we think is a wonderful deal even though the MSRP is debatably a touch high.
- Comfort Curve Design, approved by ergonomists, made to accommodate either your right or left hand
- AES 128 Bit Encryption, the Advanced Encryption Standard
- A 4 AA alkaline battery Wireless and a built-in palm rest aid support and straighten wrists. Windows 10 / 8 / 7 and Mac OS X 10.4 – 10.7 are required for use.
- Shortcut keys that you may customize to reach your favorite apps quickly
- Utilizes BlueTrack Technology to operate on practically any surface
- It may be used with either hand thanks to the ambidextrous design.
- user manual is underneath.
How To Choose The Best Gaming Keyboard And Mouse Combo?
Because they are some of the most crucial parts of your gaming setup, there are a few things to consider when making a keyboard and mouse purchase.
Different switch combinations and keyboard sizes are available, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. A number of sensors are also present in mice, some of which are more trustworthy and accurate than others. We’ll cover all of these various factors in this part to help you gain a more comprehensive understanding of keyboard and mouse combinations.
Your top priority should be the sort of budget you want to put up for your peripherals. A mouse and keyboard combo can cost anything from $20 to $200. The budget may be established in advance, which will save time in the long run. Despite this, it’s always a good idea to think about more lavish things in case you decide to completely disregard the budget.
After you’ve decided how much you can afford to spend, think about how you’ll use your new gaming keyboard and mouse. Will the setup be more of a typical one or a full-on gaming one?
Even better, you could be looking for a functional keyboard that you can utilize for some late-night gaming. Because there are many variants available, it’s important to be aware of your demands when selecting for a keyboard and mouse.
Your initial choice of a keyboard should be based on its form factor. Because keyboard sizes vary, it’s important to know if you want a full-size keyboard with all the standard keys or a shorter board without a number pad.
A full-sized board has all the proportions you would expect and has your number pad and particular function keys in their usual places. These boards also provide more room for features like distinct media controllers and macro buttons.
Durability is obviously an important consideration when looking to choose a keyboard and mouse combo. After six months, if the switches or sensors start acting up, you don’t want to have to replace them.
Having stated that, purchasing a reputable brand might usually increase costs. If you’re new to gaming, you can probably get away with buying a less costly combination until you feel more at ease. After that, you may treat yourself to something that is a bit more suited to your requirements.
This is something that serious players should consider. If you’re looking for a mouse that will serve you well in everyday scenarios or are a casual player, you generally won’t get the most out of an optical sensor.
However, you must surely take an optical sensor into account if you take gaming seriously and want to attempt to outdo your rivals in every way imaginable. Similar to mechanical vs. membrane keyboards, optical sensors are quicker and more accurate than laser sensors. To put it simply, the optical sensor is a better sensor in almost every respect. You do realize what it means, don’t you? It suggests a substantially higher cost.
The best gaming keyboard and mouse sets are convenient and offer good value, but they also have some limitations. If you keep your eyes open and remain conscious of what you want, it shouldn’t be too difficult to investigate all of the options to find the optimal mix.
If you have the cash, we suggest the Corsair K55 RGB Pro + Harpoon RGB Pro Bundle since they are high-quality, long-lasting products. The Runner-Up Comba and Razer Homerun Bundle are also terrific choices if you require a mousepad and headset to go with your keyboard and mouse.
Regardless of your requirements or price range, we are confident that one of our gaming keyboard and mouse sets will be the ideal choice for you.