NEO: The World Endings with You is an interesting title that takes a while to get going but truly delivers once it does. There are multiple conclusions, and if you enjoy the final segments of the game as much as I did, you really won’t want to miss out on any of them.
Here’s everything you need to know about the NEO: TWEWY endings, with a guide of how to unlock them all.
How many NEO: TWEWY endings are there?
In total, there are technically four different NEO: TWEWY endings.
Two of these are connected directly to the main game, and a further two pertain to an extra chapter which is unlocked after beating the game for the first time.
Are any of the NEO: TWEWY endings missable?
The good news is that none of the NEO: TWEWY endings are missable. In fact, nothing is missable at all during the game due to the mechanic allowing you to replay previous days.
It’s a bit laborious at times since you have to skip through all the same dialogue when you replay a day, but at least you can obtain everything you need to.
How to unlock the NEO: TWEWY normal ending
The first, normal ending of NEO: TWEWY is impossible to miss. Simply play through the story and defeat the final boss. There are no sidequest or social network requirements, so just enjoy the story.
It’s still definitely worth trying to clear as many social network requests as you go along, as this will come in handy later.
How to unlock the NEO: TWEWY secret ending
Firstly, note that it is impossible to unlock the secret ending without first clearing the normal ending, so don’t worry if you thought you were missing anything along the way.
The requirements to unlock the NEO: TWEWY secret ending are as follows:
- Complete the game and get the normal ending (which unlocks some of the final social network characters)
- Obtain all 24 Secret Reports
- Replay the final chapter of the game, which will automatically trigger some additional content
Now, the key to this is the Secret Reports, as discussed below.
How to obtain all NEO: TWEWY Secret Reports
There are 24 Secret Reports, and most of these are impossible to obtain until very late in the game.
Secret Reports are acquired in two ways:
- Beating boss noise when replaying previous days
- Hitting certain milestones in your social network
Now, the boss noise cannot be unlocked until one of the final characters is automatically added to your social network right at the end of the game. I won’t spoil this, but the ability is called Bossy Noise and costs 5 Friendship Points. This will allow you to find blue boss noise when scanning certain places in previous days.
As for the social network, this is all about completing the quests and spending Friendship Points. You will ultimately need to complete all of the quests during the game and unlock all of the nodes in the social network section of the menu. A lot of characters are unlocked during the story but many are unlocked from sidequests. When you hover over a blank part of the social network, it will tell you whether you missed a quest and prompt you to open Chapter Select, where you can go back in time and complete it.
To reiterate, you will need to beat all boss noise and reach 100% completion of the Social Network to get all secret reports. You will also need to get Gold rankings on all previous dives to amass the necessary Friendship points.
- 19 Secret Reports are obtained by beating boss noise
- 4 Secret Reports are obtained by clearing 70%, 80%, 90% and 100% respectively of your social network
- The final Secret Report is obtained after obtaining the other 23
One final key point to note is that you will not have enough Friendship Points to reach 100% unless you beat a sidequest during the Another Day chapter. You don’t need to actually reach the end of Another Day itself, but you will need to play it for a while and clear one of the toughest quests in the game, namely Rhyme’s Dive quest.
For all specific Secret Report locations, check out our guide below:
How to unlock the NEO: TWEWY Another Day normal ending
This is another straightforward one. After you’ve beaten the game the first time, an additional chapter called Another Day will be unlocked, which can be accessed in the menu. Select this and simply play it through to its conclusion – which probably isn’t much more than an hour of play.
You don’t need to see the secret ending above first to unlock Another Day itself.
How to unlock the NEO: TWEWY Another Day secret ending
The Another Day chapter has another secret ending, which has a series of requirements that must be hit during the chapter. You essentially have to complete all of the quests by doing the following:
- Defeat all five Pig Noise within the Another Day chapter
- Dive into Rhyme’s mind and defeat all 10 reductions
- Complete the Time Trial challenge set by Coco in Takeshita Street
- Beat Felidae Cantus, the boss in the Express Underpass
- Complete the chapter as normal after these are done
This is very difficult. To put this in perspective, the 10-reduction Dive for Rhyme comes with a recommendation of Level 80!
As such, it’s probably a good idea to aim to clear up the boss noise for the other secret ending first, giving you some EXP rewards that will push you nearer this level.
Where is all of the Pig Noise in Another Day chapter?
The five Pig Noise are all found in hidden areas accessed with Shoka’s Telewarp power:
- On the roof of Shibuya 104
- On the hidden ledge near Tower Records – warp from Tower Records, then run to the other warp point on Modi
- On the rooftop in Shibuya Hikarie
- On top of Shepherd House in Center Street
- On the rooftop in Cat Street
Is it worth unlocking all endings?
This depends on how much extra time you want to spend, and you should also factor in the number of sidequests you already completed since you will have to do them all eventually. Either way, you will have to spend a lot of time beating the boss noise and taking on some very tough sidequests. The boss noise in particular will have you replaying previous chapters which requires you to skip through lots of the dialogue. Overall it’ll be several hours of hard graft so it’s up to you whether you bother or watch them online.
I personally found the latter part of NEO: TWEWY really enjoyable, so it was nice to have the option of some extra content that posed a solid challenge.
There’s a lot to digest here, so here’s a brief summary of everything you need to know:
- Beat the game once to get the normal ending and unlock Another Day
- Beat Another Day (which is fairly brief) to get the Another Day normal ending
- Unlock the Bossy Noise ability in the Social Network and travel through previous days to beat all of the Boss Noise (there’s one in virtually every previous day)
- Complete the entire social network – which means beating all sidequests and getting Gold ranking on all Dives including Rhyme’s Dive within Another Day
- Beat the final chapter again after doing the above to get the secret ending to the main game
- Clear all sidequests within Another Day and beat it to get the Another Day secret ending
Whew! There’s a lot of work involved to obtain the NEO: TWEWY secret ending, but hopefully our guide should give you the information you need.