One of the most entertaining segments of the original Final Fantasy 7 was Wall Market, where Cloud infiltrated Don Corneo’s mansion by dressing as a woman. Final Fantasy 7 Remake made some major changes to this section, but did it justice by adding various different dress options for each character depending on your choices and actions. Obtaining all of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake dresses yields the “Dressed to the Nines” trophy. Unfortunately, this proves to be a rather laborious job.
It may take you a little while, but everything you need to know is right here. Here’s our guide of how to get all Final Fantasy 7 Remake dresses.
How many dresses are there in Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
The trophy name “Dressed to the Nines” is a hint here. There are a total of 9 dresses to acquire; 3 for Cloud, 3 for Tifa and 3 for Aerith.
You’ll also get the “Snappy Dresser” trophy for obtaining your first 3 dresses but this is unmissable.
Do the dresses influence Don Corneo’s choice?
No. This is another change to the original, where your selections could change Don Corneo’s decision and all three characters could potentially be chosen as his bride. In Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Cloud is always selected, leaving Tifa and Aerith to defeat the grunts with that epic chair-shot.
How to get all Final Fantasy 7 Remake dresses
It’s actually a bit of a tiresome task to obtain all 9 dresses, and you won’t be able to do it until you have completed the game and unlocked Chapter Select.
Essentially, this will entail replaying Chapters 3, 8 and 9 numerous times, where you should adapt your choices and actions to cover all dress combinations.
The specific criteria for each character is below, followed by the quickest strategy to snap them all up.
How to get all Cloud dresses
Cloud’s dresses are determined by the sidequests completed at Wall Market in Chapter 9. These quests can branch off in two directions depending on your choices beforehand. You can only do one of these routes at a time, so you will have to replay the chapter and make some different choices before starting the quests.
The three different dress options are subject to the following conditions:
- Complete all sidequests on Madam M’s route to receive a nice silky light-blue dress with white frills
- Complete all sidequests on Chocobo Sam’s route to receive a nice dark blue and purple dress
- Do not complete either set of sidequests to receive the basic black dress (it doesn’t matter which quest route you end up on, as long as you don’t actually do the quests)
The most complicated part of this is actually ending up on the correct quest route.
How to receive Madam M’s quest route
- Ignore Johnny when he runs past at the start of the chapter
- Select “No deal” and do not participate in Chocobo Sam’s coin toss game
- Select the Luxury massage in Madam M’s parlour
The quests “The Price of Thievery” and “Shears’ Counterattack” will then become available after beating the Colosseum later in the chapter.
How to receive Chocobo Sam’s quest route
- Follow Johnny and talk to him when he runs past at the start of the chapter
- Pick heads or tails when Chocobo Sam asks, causing you to lose
- Select the Poor Man’s massage in Madam M’s parlour
The quests “The Party Never Stops” and “A Dynamite Body” will then become available after beating the Colosseum later in the chapter.
Note: This doesn’t seem to be an exact science as there are several factors that influence the quest route, but the Dancing mini-game does not make a difference.
You’ll have to play Chapter 9 a minimum of 3 times (including initial playthrough) to get all of Cloud’s dresses.
How to get all Tifa dresses
Tifa’s dresses are tied to a dialogue choice in Chapter 3.
If you complete ALL mercenary jobs during the chapter, you’ll be prompted by a purple discovery waypoint called “Alone at Last”. If this purple discovery event does not appear on your map, then it means you’ve still got some quests to complete.
Follow the marker and you’ll end up talking with Tifa in Cloud’s room. When Tifa asks Cloud how she should dress for a night on the town, your options will later influence the dress as follows:
- “Something mature.” – Blue “Mature” dress (don’t pick this – see below)
- “Something… sporty?” – Silver, spotted “Sporty” dress
- “Something exotic?” – Black “Exotic” dress
However, you will need to complete the entire chapter for this choice to influence Chapter 9. If you select your option and go straight to Chapter 8 via Chapter Select, then this will not save and the original choice when you last played through Chapter 3 will take precedence.
IMPORTANT: If you don’t complete all sidequests, then the mature dress will automatically be selected. Therefore when you have the choice you should NOT pick the mature dress option. This will save time later as you will be able to replay the chapter once without having to bother with the quests.
How to get all Aerith dresses
Unlike Tifa’s fairly self-explanatory dialogue selection, Aerith’s dress choice is tied to the number of sidequests completed during Chapter 8.
Whilst accompanying Aerith through the Sector 5 Slum, there are a total of 6 potential sidequests to conquer. The amount completed affects Aerith’s dress as follows:
- Less than 3 sidequests completed – Basic pink dress (along with a very disappointed Aerith)
- Between 3 and 5 sidequests completed – A longer, more colourful pink dress
- All 6 sidequests completed – A breathtaking red gown
Like Tifa’s dress option, you will have to complete the chapter for your sidequest tally to lock in and influence the outcome in Chapter 9. These sidequests are always the same and cannot branch off like the Chapter 9 jobs.
The fastest way to get all Final Fantasy 7 Remake dresses
When you first play through the game, it doesn’t really matter what outcome you get. Simply adapt your tactics accordingly. The quickest way to get all 9 dresses will still involve playing through Chapter 3 two more times, Chapter 8 two more times and Chapter 9 two more times.
Note: you don’t need to replay the other chapters in between, so you can ignore Chapters 4-7.
However, the absolute quickest strategy to get all Final Fantasy 7 Remake dresses is:
- Complete all sidequests in Chapter 3 and do NOT pick the mature dress, leaving Tifa with another dress of your choice (Exotic or Sporty)
- Also complete all sidequests in Chapter 8, leaving Aerith with the stunning red gown
- Finally, complete all sidequests of either route in Chapter 9, leaving Cloud with either the nice dark blue and purple dress or the nice light-blue and white dress.
First post-game Chapter Select run:
- Rush through Chapter 3 without completing the sidequests, automatically leaving Tifa with the Mature dress (you must complete a minimum of one quest to advance the story)
- Also rush through Chapter 8 without completing the sidequests, leaving Aerith with the basic pink dress
- Finally, rush through Chapter 9 without completing any sidequests, leaving Cloud with the basic black dress
- Finish Chapter 9 to see all characters in these new dresses
Second post-game Chapter Select run:
- Replay Chapter 3 again and complete all sidequests – pick the dress you didn’t choose the first time, leaving Tifa with her final dress (Exotic or Sporty)
- Move onto Chapter 8 and complete 3 sidequests, leaving Aerith with the longer, colourful pink dress
- Continue with Chapter 9 and complete the other sidequest route to leave Cloud with his final nice dress
- Finish Chapter 9 again to see the remaining dresses and collect the Dressed to the Nines trophy
- If you are aiming for all Manuscripts/trophies, it is recommended you complete these chapters on hard mode to kill two birds in one stone. If you do this, then you’ll need to beat 4 sidequests during Chapter 8 rather than 3 (see below)
What if you didn’t clear all sidequests first time around?
This doesn’t matter too much. It simply means you’ll have a bit longer to go. If you did all of the sidequests in Chapter 3 and picked the Mature dress, then unfortunately you will have to clear Chapter 3 twice more and complete all the sidequests both times, so you can specifically select the Sporty and Exotic options. Don’t do these back-to-back – you should go through Chapters 8 and 9 before going back and changing your choice.
From here, just adapt your approach based on whatever you did or didn’t do. If you got the average Aerith dress first time then you’ll need one run through Chapter 8 where you clear every sidequest and one run where you don’t clear any of them.
Do the same with Cloud, and if you somehow end up on the wrong sidequest route you can restart the chapter without any penalty – you don’t lose out on any of your progress within Tifa and Aerith’s chapters.
Tie in the Best in the Business trophy
By acquiring all of Cloud’s dresses, you’ll also contribute towards the “Best in the Business” trophy.
There are 26 sidequests quests in the game, and only 24 of these can be completed within one playthrough due to the branch-off in Chapter 9. Whilst acquiring all of Cloud’s dresses, you’ll obviously cover off the two sidequests on each route.
Whilst it may not be tied to the dresses themselves, it’s worth Platinum trophy-hunters being aware of this. You may well have completed all other sidequests during your first playthrough. If so, you’ll snag this trophy on the way. If not, retrace your steps and replay the chapters where you skipped other sidequests.
Obtain Manuscripts along the way (hard mode)
You may also want to consider playing through some of these chapters on Hard Mode, which will reward you with a series of Manuscripts which bestow SP once obtained. These are crucial in upgrading your weapons to maximum power. Most are obtained by simply beating chapters on Hard Mode, but there are a few that have different conditions during the chapters in question here.
When you replay Chapter 3, play on hard mode and complete these 2 sidequests:
- “On the Prowl” unlocks a Manuscript for Tifa
- “Rat Problem” unlocks a Manuscript for Cloud
During Chapter 8, play on hard mode and complete these 4 sidequests:
- “The Angels of the Slums” unlocks a Manuscript for Aerith
- “Kids on Patrol” unlocks another Manuscript for Aerith
- “Paying Respects” unlocks another Manuscript for Aerith
- “Weapons on a Rampage” unlocks another Manuscript for Aerith
Finally, Chapter 9 will require you replay on hard mode twice if you want to grab the Manuscripts as efficiently as possible since you’ll have to beat quests on either route:
- “The Price of Thievery” unlocks a Manuscript for Cloud (Madam M quest route)
- “Shears’ Counterattack” unlocks another Manuscript for Cloud (Madam M quest route)
- “A Dynamite Body” unlocks another Manuscript for Cloud (Chocobo Sam quest route)
The rest of the Manuscripts will be obtained automatically by completing the chapters, or can be acquired on lower difficulties. Of course, if you are not concerned about obtaining all Manuscripts then don’t worry about the difficulty and simply replay at your leisure.
That’s a lot to digest. Here’s a brief recap of our guide to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake dresses:
- Complete the game and unlock Chapter Select
- Replay Chapter 3 entirely, and pick a different dialogue option for Tifa (or none at all if you didn’t get the blue dress first time)
- Replay Chapter 8 entirely and complete a different number of sidequests to get a different dress for Aerith
- In Chapter 9, either complete a different quest route or ignore quests altogether depending on what you got first time
- After this, figure out which dresses you are missing based on the criteria described earlier in the article
- Replay all chapters once more and adapt your decisions to cover off the last dresses
- On the replays where you intend to complete sidequests, play on hard mode to obtain Manuscripts along the way
Hopefully this Final Fantasy 7 Remake dresses guide helped you out in acquiring the elusive “Dressed to the Nines” trophy.
Check out the articles below for some of our other Final Fantasy 7 Remake guides and tips: